Let's Work Together
We have a bright future ahead of us and are looking for qualified individuals with a wide array of skills to join our team and help us reach our goals. Please review our opportunities and explore our website to learn more about what TrueNet Communications can do for your career!
|Title:||Construction Planner - CATV/Broadband/FTTH|
The ideal candidate would have the ability to work with minimal supervision as well as being a successful team player, have outstanding communications skills and experience in Telecommunication with Construction background as well.
TrueNet Communications is currently seeking a full-time Construction Planners in the Springfield, VA area to facilitate CATV (Cable TV) and broadband construction projects with our customers.
Job Purpose: The Construction Planner coordinates and assists with the administration of multiple small and or/short duration projects for the client for the entire life cycle of the project. The majority of reporting is to the client with updates provided to the responsible Construction Manager, Project Manager, or Director. The Construction Planner typically works side-by-side with the client and most often works out of the client’s facility. (This purpose is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)
- Coordinates and assists with the administration of multiple small and/or short duration projects throughout the life cycle, initiation through closure
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to communicate project scope, tasks, deliverables, goals, resources, schedules and budgets
- Identify and assign resources required to fulfill project delivery
- Monitor operational aspects of various projects
- Provide status to internal and external stakeholders throughout the project
- Own and resolve any issues that arise during the project
- Perform field walkouts and inspections as necessary
- Quickly escalate any project related issues that will negatively affect customer satisfaction
- Establish, monitor, and update projects in TrueNet’s business systems
- Accountable for project results of staying on-budget, on-schedule, and client satisfaction
- Prepare and deliver status reporting in areas such as metrics, staffing statistics, resource tracking, issue and risk tracking, etc.
- Timely entry of team financial and project documentation into the business systems
- Work closely with project managers to ensure deadlines and goals are being met
- Interacting with subcontractors, operational personnel, and customer systems
- Maintains and supports a culture of compliance, ethics, and integrity
- Maintains knowledge of policies and procedures and performs in accordance with the same
- Assist with creating and executing project work plans
- Obtain client sign-off, perform invoicing, and project closure functions
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience within the Telecommunications industry with focus on Broadband or Cable. (Construction Industry experience also considered)
- 1-3 years of experience with FTTH/FTTP construction is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software with strong experience in MS Excel
- PMI certification is a plus
- Experience with Sage CRM and CRE (Timberline) is a plus
- Excellent customer interfacing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to facilitate effective meetings and coordinate resources
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and work efficiently
- Ability to work independently, as well as with peers
- Ability to problem solve and perform analysis
- Familiarity with technical concepts, terms, and practices used in the Telecom industry
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug screen, and Motor Vehicle Report
TrueNet Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support communications infrastructure for our clients across North America. Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off and paid holidays. TrueNet Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.