Let's Work Together
We have a bright future ahead of us and are looking for qualified individuals with a wide array of skills to join our team and help us reach our goals. Please review our opportunities and explore our website to learn more about what TrueNet Communications can do for your career!
|Job Type:||Full-Time - Salary|
The Construction Manager plans and evaluates project construction activities under the direction of the Project Manager or Director. The Construction Manager is responsible for all construction activities for a specified construction project. This position oversees the day-to-day activities of construction staff and sub-contractors. (This purpose is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)
Essential Position Functions:
- Plan, coordinate, oversee and inspect new, rebuild and upgrade (Telecom, Fiber, Wireless and HFC) construction projects with in-house and subcontractor crews.
- Perform (Telecom, Fiber, Wireless and HFC) field engineering, and work with (Telecom, Fiber, Wireless and HFC) Network drafters/designers to create efficient route designs and cost estimates.
- Coordinate and obtain access and ROW (right-of-way) agreements when required.
- Coordinates permitting and pole applications, joint-trenching, and make-ready for utility poles
- Functions as the company representative with other utility and state/local entities for field meetings when opening/closing permits.
- Inspect (Telecom, Fiber, Wireless and HFC) networks and ensure backbone is available for launch or product deployments.
- Ensure all customer standards, processes and procedures for network design and deployment are followed.
- Estimate network construction costs, prepare budgets and track expenses.
- Coordinate all customer implementation activities including site walk-throughs, node placements and subcontract labor.
- Oversee all in-house and sub-contractor invoices and process billing to TrueNet accounts billing team.
- Responsible for all material inventory including quantifying orders, receiving and issuing equipment/materials out to crews.
- Coordinate and assign daily tasks to project team.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required.
5+ years of experience in CATV (cable television)/ Telecommunications OSP infrastructure design, and construction including node splits, plant extensions and building entrance facilities.
Working knowledge of Telecom, Fiber, Wireless and HFC (hybrid fiber coaxial) infrastructure design and construction principles for CATV and Telecom plant required.
Experience with plant design tools including AutoCad and Lode Data preferred.
Ability to learn, utilize and work efficiently in TrueNet and customer systems and databases required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Intermediate ability with Windows operating systems.
- Intermediate level ability with Microsoft office applications - Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
Must be able to carry a ladder and lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team
Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions (hot, cold, wet, and dry).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in loud, noise-filled environment out in the field.
The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
This position requires use of all general office equipment.
TrueNet Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support communications infrastructure for our clients across North America. Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off and paid holidays. TrueNet Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.