Let's Work Together
We have a bright future ahead of us and are looking for qualified individuals with a wide array of skills to join our team and help us reach our goals. Please review our opportunities and explore our website to learn more about what TrueNet Communications can do for your career!
|Title:||Construction Laborer - CableTV and Broadband|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
The Construction Laborer performs a wide variety of manual duties in support of telecommunications construction. This role performs tasks involving physical labor at road/highway sites and heavy construction projects. (This purpose is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)
Essential Position Functions:
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, and remove waste materials.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact earth to grade specifications, using shovels and other equipment.
- Load and unload materials, machinery, and tools; distribute to appropriate locations, according to project plans.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in road/highway environments to prepare worksite for telecommunications cabling.
- Locate underground utilities and eliminate potential hazards for cabling work to be completed.
- Use a variety of hand tools and machinery including shovels, picks, and various power tools to complete assignments.
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Control traffic passing near, in, or around work zones.
- Perform material handling and storage.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1+ years of roadside construction experience is preferred.
- Competence with hand and power tools required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license (CDL is preferred).
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Must be able to carry a ladder and lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to pull ropes and work under a lineman safely as a ground-hand and be observant of his and your surroundings
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions (hot, cold, wet, and dry).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in loud, noise-filled environment out in the field.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.