Let's Work Together
We have a bright future ahead of us and are looking for qualified individuals with a wide array of skills to join our team and help us reach our goals. Please review our opportunities and explore our website to learn more about what TrueNet Communications can do for your career!
|Title:||Drafter 1 - CATV/Broadband|
TrueNet Communications is currently seeking full-time, Drafters to work out of our office space in Kent, WA. The office location is in zip code 98032. CableTV and/or Telecom experience is preferred but not required. The weekly schedule is normal business hours with some flexibility. We are growing exponentially! Come join our team!
The Drafter 1 creates telecommunications industry related drafts using AutoCAD or other customer designated software. This position develops and maintain network specification files. (This is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)
Essential Position Functions:
- Utilize AutoCAD equipment and software to develop complete and accurate electronic working plans, elevations, details, charts, and/or revisions.
- Create and revise detailed AutoCAD working plans, charts, and/or scale drawings for telecommunications projects from existing drawings, measurements, sketches, specifications, etc.
- Produce consistent, high-quality Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) or Fiber to the Home (FTTH) drafts.
- Appropriately label and electronically file all drafts.
- Coordinate with other internal team members on multi-discipline projects
- Maintain high level production rates to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Learn new software and adapt to new technology when required.
- Ability to work to project completion, against aggressive deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate or Trade School degree preferred.
- 1+ years' experience producing HFC and/or FTTF drafts preferred.
- Ability to operate AutoCAD or Microstation required.
- Experience with any of the following drafting/design programs preferred:
- ATT Map
- Lode Data Drafting Assistant
- GE Smallworld
- Bentley Comms
- Focus One
- Focus 95
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 25 pounds one-third of the time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.
TrueNet Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support communications infrastructure for our clients across North America. Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off and paid holidays. TrueNet Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.