Let's Work Together
We have a bright future ahead of us and are looking for qualified individuals with a wide array of skills to join our team and help us reach our goals. Please review our opportunities and explore our website to learn more about what TrueNet Communications can do for your career!
|Title:||Aerial Lineman/COAX Splicer|
The Aerial Lineman/COAX Splicer is responsible for building repairing and maintaining overhead telecommunication systems. (This is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)
Essential Position Functions:
- Read and interpret work orders, specifications, engineering drawings and/or cut sheets to determine work to be done in sequence of task.
- Perform construction work such as digging holes, climbing telephone poles, placing and removing poles and anchors, pulling and stringing wire/cable from pole to pole, laying cable and conduit in the ground.
- Install aerial and underground cables and/or support members in conformance with all applicable codes, regulations, and customer specifications.
- Pull coax through existing duct package, pull cable through conduit either manually, blowing, or mechanically, and splice and activate underground and aerial lines.
- Dismantle, move, and remove aerial, underground or building wire, cable associated equipment and hardware.
- Connect wires and cables to terminals and attach/detach various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, or poles.
- Repair and maintain major cable system and structures such as broken lashing, replacing or re-sagging aerial strand, pole transfers, down-guys, aerial to underground conversion, substructure repairs and cable replacements related to system outages, maintenance, rebuilds and emergencies or hazards.
- Climb utility poles and/or use aerial lift truck to place cables on poles per system design.
- Close a project by completing production sheets, verifying proper levels after activation, and adjust and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Ensure that all work considers the safety of the customer and general public and compliance with all governmental orders.
- Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 5+ years’ experience as an aerial lineman required.
- 5+ years’ MSO/CATV experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in new build, coax and pole transfers required.
- Strong knowledge of building strand, lashing, pole transfers and grounding required.
- Must have basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills.
- Must be able to efficiently use a Windows-based computer.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing, bending/twisting, pushing/pulling within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 75 pounds up to one-half of the time.
- Ability to work in a confined space and at high elevations (poles, hydraulic lift buckets, ladders.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% (most travel is planned in advance).
- Ability to work in all temperatures, climates and weather conditions.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.