Let's Work Together
We have a bright future ahead of us and are looking for qualified individuals with a wide array of skills to join our team and help us reach our goals. Please review our opportunities and explore our website to learn more about what TrueNet Communications can do for your career!
|Title:||Construction Planner II - CATV/Broadband/FTTH|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
The ideal candidate would have the ability to work with minimal supervision as well as being a successful team player, have outstanding communications skills and experience in Telecommunication with Construction background as well.
TrueNet Communications is currently seeking a full-time Construction Planner in the Las Vegas, NV area to facilitate CATV (Cable TV) and broadband construction projects with our customers.
The Construction Planner 2 is responsible for coordinating the activities of a project team by providing guidance, support and assisting with managing the workload of the team. This position is accountable for providing accurate reporting on projects’ status and facilitating resource needs. This role directly supports a customer requested position and typically assists with facilitating processes/projects for the customer. (This is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)
Essential Position Functions:
- Maintain workflow databases and update schedules. Participate in managing and estimating cost forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Work order review and approval; monitor various reports to ensure accuracy and develop/revise business plans as appropriate.
- Coordinate team activities/schedules to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Plan and facilitate team meetings to provide project status, communicate project changes, identify and rectify any production issues.
- Research and review plans, gather necessary data and listing material requirements for project.
- Perform field engineering of proposed projects and ensure routing delivers the most cost-effective design for construction.
- Coordinate with customer contractors, or 3rd party vendors to track jobs from start to finish, review/approve invoices and balance POs as required.
- Conduct research and review multiple jurisdictional zoning ordinances as it pertains to telecommunication facilities.
- Prepare preliminary zoning/permitting analyses in accordance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Provide site-specific design, zoning & permitting analyses for selected sites.
- Prepare zoning and permit applications.
- Acquire permits and easements, identifying environmental requirements and coordinating required project components with other departments, governmental bodies, and/or various external sources.
- Maintain an understanding of industry practices, standards and customer needs.
- Escalate any project related issues that may impact completion and/or customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience within the telecommunications industry required. Experience with wireless and/or cable industry a plus. Construction industry experience may be substituted for telecommunications experience.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience of Communications construction experience required.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding the fundamentals of Communications construction required.
- Proven ability to plan and facilitate effective team meetings required.
- Demonstrated expertise in analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Word and Excel, required.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 20 pounds less than one-third of the time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.