Let's Work Together
We have a bright future ahead of us and are looking for qualified individuals with a wide array of skills to join our team and help us reach our goals. Please review our opportunities and explore our website to learn more about what TrueNet Communications can do for your career!
|Title:||Central Office Power Engineer|
CO Power Engineer
The CO Power Engineer is responsible for the common systems design portion of central office power equipment augmentation and installation. Through analysis of drawings, specifications and standards, the CO Power Engineer will create a detailed material list, ‘’Scope of Work’’ SOW, MOP “Method of Procedure”, and will have Auto CAD knowledge of existing floor plan, lighting and A/C plan, auxiliary framing and cable rack plan, fiber raceway plan, grounding plan, power conduit and cable running list, Galaxy assignment records, -48V Wiring List & Block Schematic Charge Discharge records, -48V Front Equipment records, AC Service WL&BS records, and Battery Distribution Fuse Bus BDFB records.
Fully qualified and experienced candidates may be considered for a remote “Work from Home” arrangement, and therefore, could be located anywhere in the U.S.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes incoming RFQ, detail engineering drawings, and specifications for common power systems requirements.
- Using AutoCAD program creates custom design of central office power systems (DC Fuse Panels, Rectifiers, BDFB, Battery Distribution systems) and its auxiliary framing & bracing, cable racking, cable raceways, equipment grounding, and a/c lighting.
- Gathers any additional information required for the design of new power equipment or to retrofit existing DC power equipment either at the main CO or at the RTs (Remote Terminals).
- Generates complete material list for all required common power systems work.
- Ensures that all designs are compliant with customer standards.
- Provides technical support to CO detail engineering and installation crews through job completion.
- Travels approximately 50% of time to job site locations for field verification and feasibility analysis of work request. Occasional overnight stay is required.
- Analysis office property, for material entering and exiting offices in the safest way possible.
- BSEE plus 2-4 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Central Office AC/DC power equipment installation or common systems design experience required.
- Must have Auto CAD and Microsoft Excel experience.
- AC & DC (NEC) Electrical and/or estimator experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required throughout employment.
- Responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, and meets commitments.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, and designs work flows and procedures.
- Generates creative solutions, translates concepts and information into images, and demonstrates attention to detail.
- Meets productivity standards and strives to increase productivity without sacrificing quality and safety.
- Completes work in a timely manner, prioritizes work to meet deadlines, and multi-tasks when needed.
- Observes safety procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, and uses equipment and materials properly