Let's Work Together
We have a bright future ahead of us and are looking for qualified individuals with a wide array of skills to join our team and help us reach our goals. Please review our opportunities and explore our website to learn more about what TrueNet Communications can do for your career!
|Title:||Designer 2 - Cable TV and Broadband|
The Designer 2 coordinates plots, maps, designs and determines fiber node placement requirements for hybrid fiber coax (HFC) and/ or fiber networks. The Designer 2 creates accurate network maps, layouts, drawings, and detailed electronic construction prints to meet customer expectations. This position develops and maintains network specification files. This position may perform cost analysis for trenching, sweeping, node splits and upgrade projects. This level of Designer must have an intermediate level of proficiency with multiple industry design software tools, along with working knowledge of both types of network design architectures - coax and fiber. (This is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)
Essential Position Functions:
- Create or modify existing hybrid fiber coax (HFC) and/or fiber designs using Lode Data or other applicable software.
- Design extensions and complete small system redesigns, in accordance with customer design specifications.
- Create drafts using AutoCAD, Spatial Net, or other related software.
- Utilize AutoCAD or other customer specified software to post strand mapping data, complete large fiber designs, and to post fiber designs.
- Produce consistent, high-quality HFC and/or fiber designs and drafts.
- Process engineering change orders to ensure that all related work is complete/accurate and that all related documentation is acquired and routed properly.
- Perform quality checks on field mapping notes and/or map digitizing received from others to ensure that all drafting specifications and RF design specifications have been met.
- Perform quality control checks on all designs to verify powering specifications have been met.
- Provide necessary information to construction or maintenance team on a timely basis, including strand maps, design maps, and BOM's or digital files.
- Maintain high level production rates to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Learn new software and adapt to new technology when required.
- Ability to work to project completion, against aggressive deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years' experience producing HFC and/or fiber designs required.
- 3+ years' experience using Lode Data, Bentley Comms and/or other industry related design software tools required.
- 3+ years' experience drafting in AutoCAD or Microstation for the Broadband industry preferred.
- Experience with ArcMap, spatial NET, GNIS, FocusOne and Focus 95 preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 25 pounds one-third of the time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.
TrueNet Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support communications infrastructure for our clients across North America. Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off and paid holidays. TrueNet Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.